Jim Collins, South Pole expedition, Robert Falcon Scott, Roald Amundsen, Catalyst 2011, #cat2011, leadership, leadership quotes, Good to Great, ministry, hubris, humility
Here are some highlights and observations pulled from my journal notes of Andy Stanley at Catalyst 2011, Thursday Oct 6, 2011.
Five quotes illustrating the leadership philosophy of one of the best leaders in American business today. “It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.” – BusinessWeek, May 25, 1998 “Real artists ship.” – An old saying at Apple Computer, attributed to Steve Jobs. “People think it’s this veneer — that the designers are handed this box and told, [...]
Get Updates via Email
Receive new ideas in your inbox as they post:
Len on Twitter
- Do You Make This Crucial Creativity Mistake?
- The Danger of Creative Leadership
- 5 Tips on Critiquing Creatives
- Top Tweets of the Week Ending May 10
- The Half Life of Your Work
- How to Gain Self Confidence as a Creative
- The Two Types of Creative People and How To Work With Each
- 5 Ways to Crush a Creative Spirit
- Why Art is Important in the Life of Faith
- Why I Switched from Hootsuite to Buffer