I am looking for a digital artist to help me create a storytelling culture at Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta. Who’s in?
Here’s the scoop:
Help create a creative culture at one of the most important megachurches in America.
Peachtree Presbyterian Church is seeking an experienced still and motion graphic artist with video editing capabilities to join its creative team. The successful candidate must have proven track record demonstrating a broad range of talent, storytelling, technical, graphic and typography gifts with respect to creative deliverables in the video and digital space. This person will report to the Creative / Communication Director and work closely with creative team members as well as pastors and strategic ministry staff and volunteers.
In collaboration with the creative director and other media staff, the Digital Artist will work on a variety of projects at various stages of a project’s life cycle including conceptualization, proof of concept, design, production and delivery through the various channels of the church. The individual will work closely with pastors and staff on scheduling and final deliverables. Projects will include ministry area communication, sermon series, and more.
Specific tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Art design for sermon series, brands and ministry initiatives
- Still and motion graphic branding elements
- Logo design and animation
- Film and video editing
- Web design
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate must:
- Be in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Have three or more years of relevant experience; church and/or design firm experience preferred
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Be both creative and detail oriented, and able to produce top quality work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Have a proven ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Understand the technical specifications of video deliverables for live venue, online, digital signage and other screen-based distribution channels
- Be an expert in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, and Final Cut Pro 7.0. Familiarity with Premiere and Motion is a plus. Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and sound design.
The largest Presbyterian congregation in America, Peachtree Presbyterian Church is launching a new strategic initiative to build a storytelling culture and needs a professional level digital artist to help turn ideas to image.
Peachtree’s history began with a missional vision for the community. On the way home from the funeral of their 3 month old son, Mr. and Mrs. Honour saw the children of their neighborhood and recognized they did not have a place to learn about Jesus. They started a Sunday school for the children in the neighborhood in memory of their son. That mission Sunday school for youth launched in 1910 subsequently grew into the church, which was chartered November 3, 1919. The church grew as the neighborhood expanded and it moved to its current location in May 1960. The church recently completed a building project which expands the campus to 26 total acres with facilities on both sides of Roswell Road in the growing Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Through its history, Peachtree has benefited from strong pastoral leadership. Our Senior Pastor, Vic Pentz has been at Peachtree since 2000 leading the church to embrace a missional direction. His ministry and leadership is marked with biblical, relevant preaching and an outward focus for the church.
From its inception, Peachtree has looked to make a difference in the community. It has vital partnerships with local community ministries, homeless shelters, area churches as well as with the Atlanta Police and Fire Departments, and with the mayor’s office and other local government entities. One of the newest initiatives launched out of these partnerships is an intentional effort to end human sex trafficking in Atlanta.
… Or, just write me for more information! Please submit resume and portfolio.